Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:52:38 -0500
From:      "Charlie Schloemer" <charlie@infoworks.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Alexander Rudak <ru@ro.com.ua>
Subject:   Re: Excel -> HTML/CSV

On 19 Oct 00, at 10:44, Alexander Rudak wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Is there any tool to convert Microsoft Excel files to the CSV or HTML?
> I would appreciate any cooperation or ideas.
> The puprose is that user can edit data from Excel and than it is immediately
> posted to the web site.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Alexander                          mailto:ru@ro.com.ua

Hmm... sounds like www.microsoft.com might give you better
results.  Assuming you want to do this with an open-source
product, Sun's StarOffice will convert between the two, though I
don't know how much trouble you'd have automating it.  StarOffice
is compatible with lots of vendors' storage formats, and runs on
plenty of big platforms, including Windows and FreeBSD.

If licensing concerns you, I believe you'll have to get StarOffice
version 6 to be covered by GPL, but do your own homework on this
if the license is an issue.