Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2017 16:21:56 +0300
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: zfsloader and compiler options/version?

<Alexander@leidinger.net> wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a zfsloader which hangs directly after "Booting". First I =
attributed it to maybe a bug in meta-mode/ccache + ino64 (easy =
assumption without knowing if ino64 is involved in zfsloader), but after =
ccache -C, removing /usr/obj and running 2x "make cleanworld" and 2x =
"make clean" before a buildworld I now get some kind of a loader-dump =
(BTX halted) message. The zfsloader binary from a downloaded =
release-snapshot (r318945) after ino64 update doesn't exhibit this =
issue.
>=20
> Has someone seen something similar? So far I assume this is something =
with the compiler flags...
>=20
> I have the broken zfsloader (r319541) available at
> http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/zfsloader.nok
> if someone wants to play around with it.
>=20

note, with zfsboot.nok, selecting old kernel and boot did result in nice =
BTX dump. And pressing the key with default kernel does get reboot.

anyhow, it seems the issue is indeed about compile flags, with all =
defaults my zfsloader has no problem booting the kernel.

rgds,
toomas

> Here the settings I used to compile it:
>=20
> dmesg:
> FreeBSD clang version 4.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_400/final 297347) (based on =
LLVM 4.0.0)
> CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5630  @ 2.13GHz (2133.35-MHz =
K8-class CPU)
>=20
> /etc/src-env.conf
> WITH_META_MODE=3Dyes
>=20
> /etc/src.conf
> WITH_IDEA=3Dyes
> WITHOUT_PROFILE=3Dyes
> CFLAGS+=3D-DFTP_COMBINE_CWDS
> MALLOC_PRODUCTION=3Dyes
> LOADER_FIREWIRE_SUPPORT=3Dyes
> #WITH_FAST_DEPEND=3Dyes
> KERNCONF=3DANDROMEDA
>=20
> /etc/make.conf
> CFLAGS+=3D -O2 -pipe #-mfpmath=3Dsse -msse2
> COPTFLAGS=3D -O2 -pipe
> CPUTYPE?=3Dnative
> WITH_CCACHE_BUILD=3Dyes
>=20