Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 14:30:29 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -stable (in)stability (was Re: Best version of FBSD for INN ?)

Hi again,

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Adrian Penisoara wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > Just to confirm...I've had similar problems, but *only* after moving to
> > INN-CURRENT, which makes *very* heavy use of MMAP() :(
> >
> > What version of INN are you running?
>
>  I'm not running any kind of INN -- but lately I have been playing with
> nntpcached (2.3.3), but the problems have been manifesting even before
> installing it...

 Hey, this is interesting: I have another server right next to the faulty
one wich is SMP and doesn't exhibit lockups; they're usually synced in
terms of -stable source tracking.
 I'll try to compare the two systems in terms of packages and optional
services that are running, although the second system is very lightly
loaded and this could hide the problem...

 Ady (@warpnet.ro)