Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 13:55:34 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announce: New release of JDK1.1.8 for FreeBSD

[ I just thought of something, sorry I didn't mention it in my previous email ]
> > - Updated to now use the assembly version of the interpreter. Performance
> >   should be increased slightly.
>
> I performed a very informal performance test using the VolcanoMark
> benchmark.

Again, thanks for doing this.  However, I have a small favor to ask.

Can you *also* try running the benchmark using the newest TYA JIT (1.5),
and see what performance changes it does.

I'd be interested in seeing how well it speeds up with the 9-22 JDK over
the stock version.

If it's a hassle, don't worry about it, but if you've still got the
environment setup....

Nate