Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:18:55 -0500
From:      Frank Oh <oh.76@osu.edu>
To:        nsj@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation problem

I bought FreeBSD CD-ROM, but I am having very difficult time with
installation. First time, I tried to split my hard drive by FIPS.EXE, but
computer didn't let me split the program because last cylinder is not free
according to the error message so I tried all kinds of things to solve this
problem.

Final solution that I came up with is this, just formating the hard drive
and it worked, I was able to make new partition.

Next problem that I got is this, after I installed the unix system, I
couldn't start the system. Error message that appearred was this:

*NOTE: I can't really remember everything in detail, but here goes
F1... DOS
F2... FreeBSD

Default: F2

can't find help.config
can't find help.??

???    -- - - - - -- 64k/ memory console???
Default boot: wd(0,a)kernel

boot:

can't find kernel

When I was installing the system, I couldn't install with my CD-ROM because
it said that it couldn't mount or something so I installed from the DOS.

I think computer was installing the system.

Do you have any idea what's wrong with this?

I really want to install the system into my computer. Please help me. I
would appreciate it. Thank you very much.