Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 22:59:25 +0000
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        home <sparhawk@rangenet.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fdisk

On Jun 11,  4:38pm, home wrote:
> Subject: fdisk
> Hello,
> I am new to FreeBSD, but have had Linux installments on my box before,
> namely RedHat.  I heard about FreeBSD, and wanted to give it a spin.  To
> get to the point, when I try to allocate space for the installation, it
> reports some wierd info.  Even after I move the partitions around with
> fdisk in dos, or Linux, nothing changes in the FreeBSD one.  Is there
> something I am doing wrong?  Please help!
>
> Anton Zuponcic

>-- End of excerpt from home

It might be useful to getting your questions answered if you could tell us what
wierd info you are getting.  How big is the disk you are trying to install on?
 What else besides DOS and RedHat are installed on the disk?  How is your disk
presently partitioned?  How are you able to move partitions around using fdisk?

Please re-post and include the additional information, and am sure someone will
be happy to answer your questions.  Welcome to FreeBSD.

Frank