Date:      Thu, 8 May 2008 15:48:12 -0700
From:      "Murty, Ravi" <ravi.murty@intel.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SW_PREEMPT and cpu runq

I guess two places.

1. maybe_preempt() - I've decided to preempt a thread on a cpu and the
outgoing thread is held (SW_PREEMPT) on the same cpu.
2. timer expires and thread is out of its slice (ULE), in this case I
remove the load and re-add it back to the same (current) cpu.

Sorry Julian, yes this is 6.2

Thanks much,
Ravi