Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:12:59 +0200
From:      Dan Catana <dan.catana@rcs-rds.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   solutions for web hosting server

Hello to all,

I have a question about what software is best for a good web hosting
server on freeBSD, for one site hosting and for multiple site. The
server I like to be secure.

Programs I think is best for a web hosting are:

- Apache 2
- MySQL 5
- PHP 5
- awstat
- ftp server ... I don't really now what to install proftpd it's good ?
- iptables -- for firewall

If anybody have experience and have a suggestions or a simple
documentation only for this I like to share it.

PS: I work in most of my time with gentoo, I'm new in the freeBSD world.

Thank you very much and have a nice day !

--
Dan, Catana
Network Engineer @ Server Department