Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:10:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/36467: ed(4) manual page has skimpy synopsis, etc.

The following reply was made to PR docs/36467; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:15:14 -0500

 Is this really an important change?  I think that LINT describes this
 driver well, and feel that most people who are compiling their kernel
 would check the LINT file.  On the other hand, if we did this here,
 then it would have to be done elsewhere, on other manual pages such as
 ep(4).

 That sounds difficult to keep up with, mainly due to device driver
 changes, manual page consistancy, things like that.  Whats your
 opinion on this matter Gary?  Everyone else?

 --
 Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
 www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve