Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:28:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Reid Orsten <rorsten@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CD Audio only plays Sound of Silence

Problem system is an IBM ThinkPad 310ED, Yamaha OPL-SAx audio card.
Simply "device pcm" in the kernel config, everything else works
wonderfully.  CD audio, however, does not work at all.  When I play a CD,
the music can be heard very faintly, at a level roughly corresponding to
the signal caused my mutual inductance between the CD-ROM's amp and the
audio out.

My cdrom devices are as such:
crwxr-xr-x  1 root  operator  117,   0 Apr 16 15:36 acd0a
crwxr-xr-x  1 root  operator  117,   2 Apr 16 15:36 acd0c

How can I fix this?