Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:56:16 -0400
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FBSD Apache-FP Question List

Jack I agree whole heartedly with your thoughts about the need for an
Apache/FrontPage Questions list. The FrontPage port maintainers and the
users need an vehicle to correspond with each other, so the users can
provide feedback on how the ports are working in the real world.
I think both the port maintainers and the users just want the
FrontPage ports to function right out of the install. The problems we
the users are experiencing are just not getting back to the maintainers.

But I disagree with you about such a list being handled by an individual
out side of the FBSD world. I would support you in spearheading the
effort to get a new section added to the FBSD questions environment,
like ApacheFrontpage-questions.

There are many question special interest sections already and it would
be far easier to add a new section and gain all the benefits of the
FBSD environment, {being listed on the FBSD web site, being in the FBSD
web site search engine, list archive, the hardware and internet
bandwidth resources consumed being provided and maintained by the
FBSD environment, ECT..}.

If after giving the FBSD Questions environment the opportunity to
refuse hosting the ApacheFrontPage-questions list then you have
my support to host it your self.

But you need to go down the official road first.
Please keep this thread informed on your progress.

Joe