Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:41:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        "Brian M. Kincaid" <bmk@adsl-64-174-159-18.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, bmk@adsl-64-174-159-18.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net
Subject:   Re: unable to install jdk13 on 4.6 RC

Hi.

> I had a similar problem, including the same error
> messages. It turned out that
> I had several conflicting header files on my system,
> due to my having
> installed GCC 3.2 from the ports package. That
> package comes with its own java
> support, which generates conflicts when trying to
> install jdk13. The include
> paths used in the jdk13 build pick up the wrong
> headers, and the build fails.

I had also installed gcc32 (and later gcc31), and I
noticed that a deinstall of gcc32 complained about not
being able to completely remove all files/directories.

> Once I figured this out I removed the GCC port, and
> made sure that all the
> java-related header files were gone.
>
> Jdk13 then installed with no problems.
>
> Hope this works for you,

I removed the directories java, javax, and gcj and
removed the file jni.h in /usr/local/include. After
that, the make completed with success. I didn't even
have to do a 'make clean' first.

Thank you very much!

> Brian

regards