Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:07:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@chef.ourservers.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, webmaster@cdrom.com

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Matthew Emmerton wrote:

> I got my 4.3-REL set last week.  Apparently during the last batch of
> takeovers (BSDi buying Walnut Creek and Wind River buying BSDi), the
> orders department is now one very patient (and overworked person.)

Hmm...they have one less product to ship though.  With slackware being
up the proverbial (walnut?) creek.  Most distressing.  Have you heard
anything about the fate of this, the hacker's version of linux?

I realise it is stylish to bash slackware on the fbsd list but for those
of us who love both OSes, it is rather sad to see Pat Volkerding
homeless.  :-(

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056