Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:44:06 +0000
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (off topic?) Best desktop

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:06:54 +1100
Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net> wrote:

> I for one used to run fwvm2 under linux back in 95, then KDE... but
> since then I got a bit tired of the endless new tools for kde or
> gnome or this or that.. (eg, KDE front end for mplayer...what's wrong
> with mplayer, or gmplayer?

I've found kmplayer+konquerer to best way of playing embedded media
on websites. It can be switched between a xine and mplayer backends but
consistently performs better than either the gxine or mplayer plugins
for firefox. And by better, I mean it often works well on sites where
I can't see anything on firefox.

On the other when I double-click on a movie file, ordinary mplayer
comes up - KDE is very configurable.