Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:18:49 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?xYF1a2FzeiBXxIVzaWtvd3NraQ==?= <lukasz@wasikowski.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS: can't read MOS of pool

Hi,

I've got a problem with booting zfs-on-root FreeBSD 9.2-PRERELEASE. I'm
getting:

ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable
ZFS: can't read MOS of pool klawisz
gptzfsboot: failed to mount default pool klawisz

Machine is VM running under KVM on Proxmox 2.3-13. VM has 8 GB of RAM,
400 GB of local storage with SCSI Controller type: Default (lsi).

I'm not sure what I did to make this VM unbootable. I've installed
9.2-PRERELEASE, did source based upgrade to r253470, mergemaster,
reinstalled bootcode and rebooted. To this point VM was bootable.

Then I did installworld from /usr/src to ezjail's basejail (ezjail-admin
update -i), did mergemaster for jails, install some ports - none of this
should mess with booting. I rebooted VM and got unbootable system.

When I boot from liveCD I can import this pool (scrub shows no errors),
mount it, chroot to it, and work with it. I just can't get it to boot.

Some information about the system:
http://pastie.org/private/mtfhkx0wx0vve29xn0plw

I've tried to downgrade to r252316 - no luck, system is still unbootable.

Any hints how to go from here?

--
best regards,
Lukasz Wasikowski