Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:10:28 +0200
From:      Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@infineon.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: I can only send 30 packackes through my ISDN connection

Hi Gary,
first thanks a lot for your reply!

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 10:29:37AM +0200, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> This should have been sent to freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org; CC'd.
Sorry, but i usually do not send newbie problems to developer lists
when there is a dumb-new-user's-questions-list, too.

> Eugh ! This looks bad.
Exactly. But i cannot be the only STABLE-user with this really common card,
can i? My Linux-AXP system had an old ISA Fritz-classic and works like
a charm. I doubt, that my new system even has a slot for that one.

> Part of the problem is that ifpi2_recover doesn't work right at the
> moment because I couldn't figure out what to do there :-/ I'll take
> another look at it.
Why does it try to recover anything? It seems that some timer runs out.
Should i increase any values in my setup?

> But the ``cannot access S0 bus'' looks really weird. I've never seen
> that and can only conclude that somehow the card can't see the ISDN
> bus. Perhaps something has changed in 4.6 ? I haven't used this
> driver for months and never under -stable.
But it seems to forget about the bus later since the first few packages
get through.

> Maybe you coulkd try it with sppp ? That's how I tested it. I'm not
> sure that the driver works correctly with the RBCH interfaces.
O.k. i will try to find a working configuration with (i)sppp.
Sorry, but i am very new to BSD so it may take a while.

Thanks again,
Martin.

PS: After testing my setup and ping'ing around the world i had a problem
    mounting my cdrom (IO-error or anything like that). After a reboot it
    worked again. The system is a 'Microstar Professional 2260' box.
    I have no clue, if this could be related.

--
The early bird catches the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.