Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:06:08 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Malan Joubert" <malan_joubert@hotmail.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Forte for java on FreeBSD install error

Malan,

The problem is that the Forte port depends on the Sun JDK 1.3.1 for Linux and
it does not support specifying a different JDK. Some ports support this and
some don't. A generic solution has been developed (called 'bsd.java.mk') that
allows all ports to be very flexible in this respect. As soon as this has
materialized all Java-related ports will be changed to use this solution.

In the meantime you can try bugging the maintainer or you can send a PR,
using send-pr(1). I suggest you do the latter and just CC the maintainer.

Sincerely,

Ernst