Date:      Wed, 27 May 2009 21:27:32 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Steele <psteele@webmail.maxiscale.com>
Subject:   Re: How to detect when gmirror sync is complete?

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 22:33:54 Peter Steele wrote:
> I know I could have a script that continually checks "gmirror status" to
> detect when a gmirror synchronization has completed, but is there a more
> event-driven approach? Something that could be used to trigger and event
> like devd does for drive pulls/inserts would be nice. Is this possible?

Doesn't look like gmirror notifies devd. Look at devctl_notify examples[1] in
the source tree to add it, where the hard part is figuring out when a gmirror
sync is complete. Or you can file a PR requesting the feature, I'm sure you're
not alone.

[1] Prototype: sys/bus.h, example: sys/dev/acpica/acpi.c.
--
Mel