Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:51:46 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>
To:        Srinivasan Rajagopal Iyengar <srirangam_us@yahoo.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless USB Network Adapter Problem

On Thursday 04 September 2003 07:29, Srinivasan Rajagopal Iyengar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had success hooking up to the net with a Belkin F5D6050
> Wireless USB Network Adapter (802.11b) and the Belkin F5D6231 Wireless-=
> Broadband router, with FreeBSD (4.8 or 5.1)?
After a bit of googling the device seems to be a AT76c503 with RFMD radio=
=20
inside.
2 days ago I have released a (working beta) driver for these USB wireless=
=20
devices. It's written for FreeBSD-5.1 and should work for your adapter af=
ter=20
adding the USB VID & PID to the device matching table.

At this moment the driver only supports Ad Hoc mode (because I don't have=
 an=20
access point to test here).

You can find the driver here :
Driver home page :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/
Release 0.1 file overview :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/0.1/
Or grab the tarball imediately :
http://www.vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/0.1/atuwi-0.1.tar.gz

If you want to give this driver a try and need help I am most willing to =
help=20
you out :)

grtz,
Daan