Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:46:44 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        dicidt@africaonline.co.ci, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Difficulty to run files from SCO XENIX

> > A quick answer may offer a choice of new UNIX OS.  How can I improve
> > my future knowledge using FreeBSD without hacking on the web ?
>
> Read the online handbook, read the messages that go by on this mailing
> list, or buy my book "The Complete FreeBSD", second edition
> (http://www.cdrom.com/titles/os/bsdbook2.htm).

These are, of course, good suggestions.  There's one more
resource that everybody should constantly refer to and that is
the man pages -- they deserve to be read, not just when you want
to solve some immediate problem, but as a resource filled with
valuable information.  Whether you're a newbie to Unix or to
this flavour of Unix, or whether you're an old hand, there are
always things to learn from browsing the man pages; and we all
do ourselves a grave disservice if we forget this.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>