Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:56:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   how to stop people from using my sendmail as a relay

I'd like to prevent people on the Net from using my sendmail as a relay
mailer (i.e. to prevent the spread of spam) -- I only want them to be able
to use it if they're sending mail to a user somewhere on my domain.  Is
there an easy way of doing this in sendmail (something I can
add/change/delete in my sendmail.cf)?  I'd really rather not have to
switch to qmail or something like that, if I can avoid it.

Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.