Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:35:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
To:        reinoud@ibbnet.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What is the most preferred labeling?

Hi,

I am currently running bsd 3.2 on my sysyem, it works fine.
I just updated the ports. There is one thing that doesnt work fine,
I cant run /stand/sysinstall, then he starts complaining about /wd3 about
the amount of cylinders....?
I alrdy send a mail about that to you.
Anyway, i have to reinstall my system again cause i want to burn cd's with
bsd.

No i need to know what the best way is to configure your slice for bsd?
I myself had this idea, plz tell me what you think, plz send me
suggestions, my idea was to do it like this:
I will make 5 Gig free for freebsd 3.2 and laebl the slice like this:

/ 150M
/tmp 100M
/usr 1500 Gig
/usr/src 600M
/usr/obj 600M
/var 60M
/home 1790M
200M for my swap left.

If there are better way's to label the slice, plz tell me, i need to have
some space where i can leave my temporary cd files to burn and where i can
make an isofs out of it....
Oh yes, btw, if i download the full bsd 3.2 on my system and i want to
make a cd out of it, will the long filenames be preserved?
Sincerely,

Reinoud.