Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:27:16 -0500
From:      grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Image watermarking software

Would anyone like to suggest some open software,
or even a link to a GIMP tutorial to do this?

I don't need much and would like to throw up a
simple, diagonal, transparent yet discernable,
gray overlay of an arbitrary 10-20 char alnum
string. Bonus points for arbitrary string color,
scaling the font size, rotation and location.

I'm using JPG's and haven't seen the feature in GIMP's
menu yet. Maybe doing it is only possible with plugins.
Shows what I know about image tools, lol. And thanks
to whoever maintains the GIMP port as I've already
used it for some other things.

Apologies if this list is only for hardware or off topic chat.