Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 23:10:37 -0500
From:      Gary Schrock <root@eyelab.psy.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Search Engines

At 09:22 PM 11/29/97 -0600, you wrote:
>If this is not the case, (you have text files you do not wish to mark
>up with html) then Isearch works on everything (text and html) you have
>on your server. Get it from ftp.cnidr.org.

Personally I've got a couple of gripes with Isearch.  First off, you can't
search across multiple databases (kinda like the freebsd mailing list
search stuff can).  It also seems to have problems indexing large amounts
of documents if you don't explicitly tell it to use more memory (if you do
tell it to, it deos work fine).  Unfortunately, it's also kinda looking
like development is basically dead on the Isearch package.  The last real
version was 1.14, and they had a 1.20 that was in their untested dir, but
neither have been touched in ages.

Gary Schrock
root@eyelab.msu.edu