Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 23:03:22 -0500
From:      "Allix Primus" <alleve@idirect.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   PNP Sound Card Installation ?

I have a plug and play sound card and since BSD has no real sound utility
like linux (I am told) I was wondering how I can set it up ? So far I've
tried adding the line "device pnp0" to the kernel , but had no luck after
trying to get the mixer working. Anyone know where I can get help on this ?

Oh yea, OSS installed , but could only play mp3s, and got tons of dsp /
sequencer errors  (and yes it is the FreeBSD version)