Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 17:01:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ata(4) -STABLE subsystem and tags MFC

It seems Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> SS> If you mean the patch that went into -current it doesn't apply to
> SS> the -stable branch at all, it fixed a problem introduced by the
> SS> busdma integration, not the problem that apparently hit some on -stable.
>
> Well then it's another problem in -stable, and currently tagged ata is not
> workable in all our -stable environments with IBM disks :( Machines do not
> crash, but constantly reinitialising ATA subsystem just at trying to boot
> first FS at tagged disk.
>
> What info do you need so we can try to fix this?

I need to be able to reproduce it here in my lab, and so far I havn't
had any luck with that. There also doesn't seem to be any easy to find
denominator between the systems that fail...

The problem is probably timing related, perhaps I have gotten something
a wee bit out of spec, but not enough for all systems to fail...

Anyhow this is a bitch to debug....

-Søren