Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:13:31 US/Eastern
From:      csmith@icdc.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anti-Aliased Fonts what are they

I'm just getting around with adding the fonts that I always wanted to add to my
freebsd machine. I'm finding the ones there not really all that good for the
things I want to do with GIMP and Abiword and other programs. I know this isn't
a tech fourm but what are anti-Aliased fonts and how do they differ from other
types of fonts and what can they  do for me? I know that's a mouth full but I'm
just looking for basic information not anything like how to install or anything
I found the article in the hand book great for that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chauncey.