Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 22:34:02 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        joost@c-lab.de
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UltraStor 24F in rewrite for CAM, anybody docs for 124F (RAID!) ??

In message <199903161850.TAA07871@badlab.c-lab.de> Michael Joosten writes:
: Somebody seems to have adapted the old UltraStor driver to CAM, and even
: that somebody has asked for 24F for testing.

CAM doesn't support any UltraStor cards.  I have a 14F, a 14FB, a 24F
and two 34F's sitting here waiting for me to write a driver for them.
I've been swamped with other things and haven't had the time to spend
on them.

Or, if I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, where can I find this
driver that somebody has ported to CAM? :-)

: I've here a nice, old 124F (yes, the RAID one with 3 channels on NCR
: 53C710 and 68K320 controller) EISA version with a similarly old EISA
: box, and I have the hope that changing some port offsets and other
: minor stuff might be enough to get it at least running under the old
: ultra14.c driver.

I've been told that the 124F has a different sw interface, but it
wasn't the most reliable source that told me this.

: I'm currently trying to look at the disassembly of the NT 3.5 drivers, to see
: where coincidences are between 24F and 124F. Using the AHA1742 source in NT
: DDK as reference, I can at least identify similar code parts. Not quite easy,
: but since I began hacking 20 years ago with a 6502 board in hex, let's see...

Good luck!

If the register set does turn out to be approximately that of the 14F,
then I'd like to coordinate driver things with you.

Warner