Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cnews or INN ?, newfs help

Hi all,
I'm going to be setting up an nntp news server for my campus and need
some advise as to how I should newfs my 3 gig news spool partition.  My
understanding is that I'm going to need more inodes than newfs supplies by
default.  Is this correct?  What are the best settings to use for this
application.

Secondly, which server software should I use:  Cnews or INN?  I haven't
used either, so I don't have much to go on.  Which one has the best mix
of stability, resonable resource usage, and managability?  I'd appreciate
any and all opinions...

Thanks a million,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X