Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 1996 17:46:51 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth), jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Food for thought

In message <199609031407.XAA28427@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Michael Smith
 writes:

>> 3) The extremely short test cycle for new releases. IMHO, we should already
>> have a feature freeze for 2.2 and the leading edge should be planning for
>> 2.3.
>
>Ah, I see an offer of the Release Engineer's hat heading your way.  My
>advice is, duck.

Only if he teams up with Terry as Q/A controller and we have a spare hat!

Listen, it's really VERY VERY SIMPLE!  We don't promise anything about
-current, nothing, absolutely NOTHING!

If you have trouble with -current, you'd better find out for your self
what they are, and send an email with a patch, or at least >very< precise
description to the committer you think is responsible.

Otherwise:  Get of our back!

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.