Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:47:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Acer 650-P 50x CD-ROM (IDE) -- compatibility?

Was browsing in CompUSA today, saw this drive.  Looked like a
good buy at about $60.  I'm just wondering how well it will
work with FreeBSD, particularly for audio CDs (playing, ripping,
etc.).  My current drive is crap (doesn't respond to commands to
skip ahead/back a track, for instance, and is utterly useless for
ripping MP3s), and I've been putting off replacing it long enough,
but I don't want to end up in the same boat with a new drive.

Any info, opinions much appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Conrad Sabatier
http://members.home.net/conrads/