Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:32:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Dan Peterson <danp@danp.net>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DJBDNS vs. BIND

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Dan Peterson wrote:

> > Dynamic DNS?
>
> I can't say I've ever used this. Sounds like another BIND klugde,
> though. It would probably be easier to write a simple script to edit
> your data file and rebuild data.cdb. RTFM at
> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/tinydns-data.html .

Hmm.  Dynamic DNS sounds like it might be in the IETF standards track,
actually.  Please take a look at RFC 3007.

> > DNSSEC?
>
> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/forgery.html

DNSsec specifies two things: syntax, and semantics.  Name servers are
welcome to implement whatever certification process they'd like: it
doesn't have to include the DNS root, it's welcome to include peers, etc.
Many people are critical of the DNSsec root model, but you're not forced
to use that.  You can implement any certification and trust policy you
like.