Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:01:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Was..... Lots of lagging after upgrade of xorg. Now keyboard layout is lost

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> 2012-04-23 19:56, Leslie Jensen skrev:
>> 2012-04-23 18:29, Warren Block skrev:
>>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Leslie Jensen wrote:
>>>

> Use Option
>>> "AutoAddDevices" "Off" to disable HAL input device detection.
>

>> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html
>>

> After adding the above Option I lost the Swedish layout of my keyboard.

It's not required to disable HAL, but that's usually what people are
trying to do when they turn off AEI.

To leave HAL enabled, remove the AutoAddDevices option.  Keyboard layout
will come from the HAL fdi file.

Keyboard layout can also be set with setxkbmap in .xinitrc or .xsession,
or in the keyboard InputDevice section as Polytropon shows.