Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:54:54 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@lansing.dk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pop3 modules?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:03:42AM -0500, Richard Lucas wrote:
> After upgrading to 4.3R I'm seeing this line in the maillog when someone
> checks their mail.
>
> ipop3d[27453]: no modules loaded for `pop3' service
> or
> imapd[27857]: no modules loaded for `imap' service
>
> Everything does work ok though and the mail retrieves fine but what do the
> above lines mean?

possibly because of changes in the imap-wu port (I'm still running 4.2R
but opgraded those packages) and it's PAM-support.

changing the lines in pam.conf on pop3 and imap to the following should
fix it:

 imap    auth    required        pam_unix.so
 imap    account required        pam_unix.so    try_first_pass
 imap    session required        pam_deny.so
 pop3    auth    required        pam_unix.so
 pop3    account required        pam_unix.so    try_first_pass
 pop3    session required        pam_deny.so

/erwin

--
Erwin Lansing 		-- 		www.droso.org

"Computers are useless. They only give you answers"
	-- Pablo Picasso