Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:02:35 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kbdmap for iMac keyboard?

Tried to connect an iMac keyboard (USB) to my FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE
workstation. Works okay, recognized and automatically activated during the
FreeBSD startup sequence.

Is there a keyboard map for the iMac keyboard? Can I map the Apple key to a
mouse button or to the Delete action?

How do I see the code for a key anyway? If I can get that somehow, I must be
able to write my own definition for a kemap file...

BTW: I also attached the iMac mouse and it works fine. Just too bad it only
has a single button :-(

FYI: This is how the devices show up:

$ usbdevs
addr 1: UHCI root hub, Intel
 addr 2: Hub in Apple USB Keyboard, Alps Electric
  addr 3: Apple USB Keyboard, Alps Electric
  addr 4: M4848, Logitech

Ernst