Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:59:42 +0100
From:      Chris Whitehouse <cwhiteh@onetel.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   Re: foot-shot?

Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Super!  just offhand, can i install PCSD *over* thius FBSd
> 	--7.1--? Keep /usr/home and so on?  Or is PCBSD a
> 	do-it-from-scratch?  (I'm pretty much OS agnostic [[so long
> 	as it's somethng like UNIX]], but here I know where things
> 	live...   With ubuntu, diff't story.)

Yes you can if your /usr/home is a separate partition (or on a separate
slice). I'm back to FreeBSD now but when using PCBSD I create a / and a
/usr/home. It works very well, I can do a whole fresh install on /
without touching the /usr/home partition. The installer lets you do this
(but back up first just in case). Then a bit of fiddling with fstab and
users and it is all go.

> 	hm, not sure how much flash is used, really.  i just avoid as
> 	much of it as I can.  if i can  watch a public broadcasting
> 	stream i usually KVM over to my Ubntu box.  ....mmmm.
> 	Hope the just-works PCBSD just-works here.

PCBSD has flash sorted out, you can watch youtube, news website embedded
video etc. Actually FreeBSD has flash sorted out as well...

I think they have done a very good job, I would say give it a try.

Chris