Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:41:15 GMT
From:      derm@iol.ie (Dermot McNally)
To:        FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with ed driver (PCI)

I hope someone can shed some light on this - I'm running the snapshot from
24-5-98 and pretty much everything works OK. Everything, that is, apart
from the network card. It's a totally average PCI NE2000 clone, and it is
even detected at boot time, thus:

found->	vendor=0x10ec, dev=0x8029, revid=0x00
	class=02-00-00, hdrtype=0x00, mfdev=0
	intpin=a, irq=15
	map[0]: type 4, range 32, base 0000fca0, size  5
ed0: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (RealTek 8029)> rev 0x00 int a irq 15 on
pci0.15.0

However, this doesn't help, because after boot time, any attempt to
configure the interface leads to the error:

interface ed0 does not exist

Very probably I'm forgetting something obvious, but I never remember having
to do anything more than just include the driver and configure the
interface...

Would it help any if I grabbed a more recent set of sources?

Thanks,
Dermot