Date:      Sat, 03 Jan 2015 21:29:31 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        Phil Shafer <phil@juniper.net>
Cc:        "adrian@FreeBSD.org" <adrian@freebsd.org>, Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@freebsd.org>, "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: XML Output: libxo - provide single API to output TXT, XML, JSON and HTML

On 1/3/15 9:10 PM, Phil Shafer wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein writes:
>> Would like to expedite process here, I'm going to check in a few interim fixes so that p
>> eople can continue hackathon on libxo over the holiday break.  When you're back please f
>> eel free to revert/modify my changes.
>
> I'm happy to import fixes in any form (and am currently addressing
> the D1378 and D1379), but the simplest way for me would be a fork
> on the github sources.  Not sure how hard that makes things on your
> end, esp. re: importing of next libxo release.

It's with, with git I can find a way.

What I should have done, and will likely do is use either "git subtree"
or "git submodule" in my 'libxo_master' branch to track a forked (github
forked, not Open/NetBSD forked).  This will allow us to track juniper's
libxo.  Shouldn't be a problem.

> Also: sorry for the slow responses.  I was on vacation for most of
> December, with multiple overlapping sets of relatives in town.  Life
> is returning to normal now.

No worries, welcome to 2015!

-Alfred