Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:50:36 -0400
From:      Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Hardware (E-mail)" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq EISA ida driver...

Hello all,

I have been trying to persuade an old Compaq Proliant 2000 with an EISA
SMART RAID controller to boot so I can install FreeBSD on it. I started with
4.0-RELEASE, and have moved on to 5.0-CURRENT in the hopes of getting the
mfsroot boot disks to work. In a separate thread (one that got mangled,
apparently) I described my woes. My question now is, would giving 3.4-STABLE
or using an even older version of FreeBSD with the original ida driver
written by Mark Dawson work? Apparently the version in >=4.0-RELEASE has a
problem locking down the EISA resources for the SMART controllers...

Below is my output from my testing with the 5.0-CURRENT code:

Ida.c was modified to include some debugging info as suggested by Matthew N.
Dodd...

Modification to ida.c:
qcb_done = idahwqcbptov(ida, completed & ~3); /*existing line of code (#454)
*/
printf("0x%lx\n0x%lx\n0x%lx\n", qcb, completed, qcb_done); /*added line of
code */

Output:
ida0: <Compaq SMART array controller> at 0x7c88-0x7c9e, irq 14 (level)
ida0: on eisa0 slot 7
0xc0b8e000
0xffffffff
0x0