Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:31:24 -0700
From:      Jason Wolfe <nitroboost@gmail.com>
To:        Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, jfv@freebsd.org, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 82574L hangs (with r233708 e1000 driver).

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- On Fri, 5/11/12, Barney Cordoba <barney_cordoba@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> FWIW, I've got an X7SPE-HF-D525 MB with 82574L running on a
>> 7.0 driver
>> that seems to work pretty well. It panics once in a blue
>> moon when we
>> overload it (like 200Mb/s of traffic) but it generally works
>> ok.
>>
>> BC
>
> Has anything been done or patched regarding this problem?
>
> BC

Ever since r235553 the 82574L has been stable for me, collectively
passing ~1.2Tb/s for the past 4 months without issue.  We did have
some issues with switches not liking the fallout of what r236162 fixed
that we updated to, but the cards themselves were fine.  If you pull
the current e1000 from 8-STABLE you'll get up to r236162.

Jason