Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:35:23 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 10/100 highly reliable supported ethernet cards?

Jay Kuri wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         Recently, I've had some problems with the new 10/100 Management
> adapters from intel (they don't seem to work properly in my hardware)
>
>         Can anyone recommend some good stable 10/100 PCI NIC?  I've used
> the Dec-Ethernet chipset 2x44x but only on on-board ethernet... can anyone
> direct me to some PCI cards using this chipset?

We have a bunch of the Linksys EtherFast cards around here.  They use
the PNIC, which is a follow-on to (or clone of) the 21140 series, and
Bill Paul's driver seems to perform quite well.

The EtherExpress Pro is probably the most respected card around these
days.  Perhaps working with DG to identify and solve your problems might
be the best tack?

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com