Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:42:29 -0800
From:      "R. Tyler Croy" <tyler@monkeypox.org>
To:        Zach Leslie <zach@puppetlabs.com>
Cc:        puppet-bsd@googlegroups.com, gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SSL verification issues when installing modules from the Forge

--+9WMDU/RdULAIC7Q

Hello gecko@! I'm CC'ing you on this thread already in progress, I hope you
don't mind!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Zach Leslie wrote:

> > Bingo! This works:
> >=20
> >     % pkg install puppet ca_root_nss
> >     % ln -s /usr/local/share/certs/ca-root-nss.crt /etc/ssl/cert.pem
> >     % puppet module install zleslie/pkgng
> >=20
> > Perhaps I should file a bug against the puppet FreeBSD port to specify =
the
> > dependency correctly, and perhaps the puppet port should create the sym=
bolic
> > link?
>=20
> Linking as part of the puppet port would work, though I really think
> this is the job of the ca_root_nss port.  I'm not sure why its disabled
> by default.  It might be worth reaching out to the port maintainers.

Gecko, I'm curious whether it would be possible to update the ca_root_nss
port's ETCSYMLINK option to default to true? In the case of installing
ca_root_nss from pkgng, the option cannot be changed by a user installing t=
he
package, so the symlink won't exist, which causes problems :(

If this isn't something you're comfortable with changing, it'd be helpful to
understand why, so we could explore other means of solving the problem and
document them accordingly.

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>;
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>;

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F

--+9WMDU/RdULAIC7Q

--+9WMDU/RdULAIC7Q--