Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:56:56 -0700
From:      "Gayn Winters" <gayn.winters@bristolsystems.com>
To:        "'bannour souha'" <sou_bann@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ntp problem :(

Hmm, pinging from here I see that ntp.imag.fr = imag.imag.fr =
129.80.30.1 so if you can ping that address then you have low level
connectivity.  One possibility is that something in the middle is
blocking port 37.  First do a traceroute and see what is in your route
to ntp.imag.fr.  Could one of the hops stop your ntpdate request?  E.g.
a firewall?  Are you sure that the time service is running?  Can you get
to it from another machine?  Does ntp.imag.fr require that you register
to use ntp? If so, their firewall would block you until you register.

-gayn