Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:38:52 -0500
From:      Greg Childers <gchil0@pop.uky.edu>
To:        KATO Takenori <kato@ganko.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp>, kris@hub.freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: identcpu.c change causes panic - not identcpu.c?

A panic also occurred on my Pentium (P54C) 66MHz, but backing identcpu.c
to 1.79 didn't stop the panic.  Here is the panic info, copied by hand.  (I
hope there are no typos!)

Lots of 'ad1: timeout waiting for DRQ' followed by

fault virtual address	= 0xc04e5000
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc01c56b0
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xc49efd7c
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xc49efda0
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 133 (ldconfig)
interrupt mask		= net tty bio cam
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 12s

Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to explore this further, but
if more info is needed, just tell me what to do and I can help tomorrow
evening (EST).

Greg