Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:48:59 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Peter Duff <peter@cs.curtin.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs exports

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:02:17 +0800, Peter Duff wrote:

> Sure Sheldon, I'm running it as root, and the filesystem is mounted.

You forgot the output of the mount command. While you're at it, let's
see the fstab. :-)

The manpage for mount(2) says that a return of EPERM (which is what's
causing the error message you see) means that the user is not
super-user. However, the code indicate another possibility:

Securelevel is greater than 1, but an nfs module needed to be loaded
because NFS support wasn't in the kernel.

It may also be that EPERM is returned on kernel module load failure, but
I can't dig that deep into the kernel. :-)

So if you still haven't gotten any more clueful advice from anyone else,
all I can suggest (assuming the mount output and fstab that you send
don't show anything) is that you compile NFS into the kernel instead of
using a loadable module.

Ciao,
Sheldon.