Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:13:16 -0400
From:      AJ Castro-Chandri <clalian@gmail.com>
To:        FBSD Doc project <doc@freebsd.org>,  "freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About FreeBSD.org visitors

A "side suggestion":
If the vBulletin Forum archives could be turned off, it would help.
Thing is, those archives come up in google results.
Many times, people find the archive pages (which are "bland") instead of
the actual thread.
http://forums.freebsd.org/archive/index.php

Although the information *is* there, I think it's better to have people see
the forums instead of the archives.
I've seen this done with other vBulletin forum installations elsewhere, and
I think it's good practice.
I believe it's in vBulletin Options --> in that list of options, there's
one called Search Engine Friendly Archive.
Selecting that one, the first option is Forum Archive Enabled, set to No.
Here's a reference link:
http://www.vbseo.com/f34/how-completely-turn-off-vbulletin-archive-24545/