Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 00:13:36 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   slow nfsv3 writes

The speed of writes seems to be slower for nfsv3 according to iozone:

	iozone 1 512:	  9055 bytes/sec
	iozone 1 8192:	113028 bytes/sec

Read speeds are good (800K and 1000K/sec) although this may be due to
local caching (it would take too long to test a large file size at
9055 bytes/sec :-).

I don't know exactly what the write speeds used to be.  I remember
something over 100K/sec and hoped for more.  I don't remember such a
low speed for the small block size, except for a Linux client using
an unsuitable nfs block size.

Bruce