Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Updating GCC

FreeBSD-6.2

The installed version is gcc-3.4.6, while the ports
have version 4.3.0 available. If I install the newer
version will it replace the older version? If not and
I don't think it will, how do I force the use of the
newer version of Gcc when making a port? I tried
Googling for this but without success. The FreeBSD
handbook doesn't seem to have any available
information on this either.

Ciao!

--
White Hat