Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:07:49 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@uk.freebsd.org>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: How to make an Intel EtherExpress known to xe(4)?

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:21:18PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> OK, I've tried this one, and it now works on my machine.  What would
> be the implication of using this code with a card which doesn't return
> the FCS?
>
> Greg

All the cards xe supports (those that actually work) have identical
Ethernet hardware in them, so this situation shouldn't occur.

That comment about not knowing what most of the config bits do was
obviously written before I got hold of the programming manual :-)  I'll
have a look tonight and see what the 'CRC' bit actually does.

	Scott