Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:04:40 -0400
From:      wanghx916@netscape.net
To:        igor@raduga.dyndns.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org

I did as you said but failed. My Sun wsk promopted me that 'can't find xon'. I don't know If I should rsh to the FreeBSD before I execute 'xon freebsd-host-name command'. Would you please give me more information about this, step to step is the best.
Thank you.
Please cc a copy to my mailbox on Netscape.net.

> Hello,
> I have two computer, one is a PC who runs FreeBSD 4.0, the other one is a SUN workstation and runs Solaris 2.5.1. The later has a 17' display. What I want to know is how to make the SUN workstation be a client of the PC, so that I can use the SUN's big display to show the PC's X window. For example, I can run FreeBSD's Netscape on the SUN display by set the SUN to be a client of FreeBSD's X window.
> Thank you.
You wish make Sun not _client_ but _server_ (X Server) for FreeBSD programs.
If you have rsh enabled on your FreeBSD then just login to Sun wks, and
from xterm (cmdtool etc.) run "xon freebsd-host-name command"
If you don't have rsh enable on FreeBSD then go to
http://www.defcon1.org/x11ssh.html